Born Tough, Raised Strong
Tens of thousands have relied on V-Power amplifiers for dependable, quality power. Now in their fourth generation, V-Power amplifiers carry on this heritage and prove that playing strong never looked or sounded better. Yes, it is possible to improve upon a good thing.
- 60W x 4 + 250W x1 RMS (2Ω, 14V, ≤1% THD+N)
- 40W x 4 + 150W x1 RMS (4Ω, 14.4V, ≤1% THD+N)
- Same power in a 40% smaller chassis
- Evolution to Class D digital platform
- New snap-on terminal covers for easy installation
Raising the Bar
The new V-Power products are now Class D digital amplifiers, resulting in a huge efficiency gain versus their predecessors without draining your battery or your pockets. Class-D provides continuous clean power to your speakers, operating at 80% efficiency far greater than conventional Class A or B amplifiers. Translation: Enjoy cleaner bass, even during extreme power demands.
Big Power, Small Package
V-Power amplifiers are known for their compact size, but don’t underestimate their power capacity. Although they have a 40% smaller footprint than their predecessors, they produce the same amount of power as before. Get the power you need, even if you have limited installation space.
Keep the Music Playing
The V-Power amplifiers provide reliable, stable thermal performance. They use a new, higher efficiency design to achieve non-stop music playback. A new circuit and heat sink design allows gradual thermal absorption and provides a gentle, almost undetectable power control.
Dual Feedback Modulation
Dual internal error correction technology – which had previously only been available in the PDX and X-Power amplifiers, is now integrated in V-Power mono amplifiers. The audio input signal is analyzed, compared, and corrected twice dynamically as the signal is processed through the amplifier. The result is amplifiers with the widest frequency response, higher damping factor, and lowest noise in its class.
Exceptionally Simple Sound Upgrade
The V-Power's 4-channel speaker level inputs connect directly to any head unit, without the need for external converters. This makes the V-Power amplifiers ideal for upgrading factory and aftermarket systems. The flush mount controls make for easy installation. The terminal covers conveniently snap-on without the need for additional tools, to protect the wiring connections while creating a clean, finished appearance.
Each V-Power amplifier comes with its very own birth-sheet. V-Power amplifiers are tested and documented to show their true actual output.
CEA-2006 Power Ratings
CEA-2006 Power Rating: 40W x 4 + 150 x 1 RMS (4-ohm, 14.4V at <1% THD+N)
RMS Power Ratings
Per channel into 4 Ohms: 40W x 4 + 150 x 1 RMS(14.4V at <1% THD+N)
Per channel into 2 Ohms: 60W x 4 + 1 x 250 RMS (14.4V at <1% THD+N)
Crossover Frequency (CH1/2/3/4, LPF): 50 - 400 Hz, -24dB/oct.
Crossover Frequency (CH1/2/3/4, HPF): 50 - 400 Hz, -24dB/oct.
Crossover Frequency (Subwoofer, LPF): 50 - 400 Hz, -24dB/oct.
EQ (Equalizer): 0 to +12dB, fc=50Hz
Foot Print (WxHxD) mm: 200 x 55 x 200 mm
Foot Print (WxHxD) in: 9-3/4'' x 2-1/4'' x 8-5/8''
Heat Sink (WxHxD) mm: 244.5 x 55 x 219 mm
- Power Requirements: 14.4 V.DC (11-16V allowable)
- Input Sensitivity (RCA Input): 0.2 - 4.0 V
- Input Sensitivity (Speaker Level Input): 0.5 - 10 V
- Input Impedance: >10k ohms
- THD+N (Rated Power into 4 Ohms) for Subwoofer:
- THD+N (10W into 4 Ohms): ≤0.02 %
- THD+N (10W into 2 Ohms): ≤0.03 %
- THD+N (Rated Power into 4 Ohms): ≤0.07 %
- THD+N (Rated Power into 2 Ohms): ≤0.09 %
- Damping Factor (10W into 4 Ohms at 100Hz): >90 (Ch 1-4), >500 (Subwoofer)
- Signal to Noise (1W into 4 Ohms): >81 dB
- Signal to Noise (Rated Power into 4 Ohms): >98 dB
- Remote Level: -20 to 0 dB
- Terminal Layout: Two-Sided
- Screw Mount / Wire Cover: Integrated Wire and Mounting Screw Terminals
- Amplifier Type: Class-D (Digital)
- Channel Design: 5 Channel
- Power Supply Design: DC-DC PWM Power Supply
- Pre-Amp Stage: Discrete
- Final Outputs: Power MOSFET
- Crossover: Variable Lowpass & Highpass Filter
- Gain Control: Continuously Adjustable Gain Control
- Bass EQ: Bass EQ Function
- Remote Turn On: Remote Sensing Function (for RCA Input & Speaker Input)
- Current Protection: Over-Current, Over-Voltage, Under-Voltage and Thermal Protection
- Board Circuitry: S.T.A.R. Circuit
- Speaker-Level Inputs: 4-channel Speaker Level Inputs
- Power Indicator: Top Mounted Blue LED Power Indicator
- Thermal Control: Multi-stage Power Limits
- Power Supply: MOSFET