- 80 Watts Nominal Power
- Revolutionary Basalt Fiber IMX speaker cones provide ideal performance to deliver amazing sound
Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
To create new D-Series speakers, Pioneer developed the industry’s first basalt fiber made from natural rock interwoven with aramid fiber. Used in the surface layer, this Aramid/Basalt Fiber material is highly rigid and better absorbent, enhancing stability and maintaining integrity throughout a wide temperature range.
Rear Chamber Tweeter Enclosure
D-Series speakers feature an exclusive rear chamber tweeter enclosure that we first used in our famed PRS speakers. It extends mid-range frequency for improved vocal imaging and staging.
The built-in -12dB/Octave HPF and LPF crossover improves the transition from mid to high frequency, for a smoother mid-range to tweeter response. Audiophile-grade capacitors and inductors are used, and all components are encased in a clear acrylic cover for protection.
Smooth Off-Axis Response
- Optimal Choice of Tweeter Diaphragm Shapes
- Wave Guides control sound dispersion to make sound stage wider in the car.
Lower Crossover Frequency
- Large-Sized Tweeter Diaphragm (1-1/8" diameter)
- Rear Chamber
- Light Weight Soft-Dome Diaphragm
- High-Quality Passive Crossover Network (Woofer, LPF: -6 dB; Tweeter, HPF: -12 dB)
- Thick Woofer Basket
- Large-Sized Woofer Magnet
- Dual-Layer IMX (Injection Molded Matrix) Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone
|Watts MAX. Music Power||360 Watts|
|Watts Nominal Power Handling||80 Watts|
|Frequency Response||28 Hz to 30 kHz|
|Sensitivity (1W/1m)||90 dB|
|Mounting Depth||3-1/2" (89mm)|
|Cut-out Dimensions||8-5/8" x 6" (220 mm x 151 mm)|
|Woofer Cone Material||Dual-Layer IMX Aramid/Basalt Fiber Composite Cone|
|Surround||Butyl Rubber for Smoother Response|
|Voice Coil Bobbin||Glass-Imide|
|Voice Coil Wire||OFC Copper|
|Tweeter||1-1/8" Soft Dome with Magnetic Fluid and Neodymium Magnet|
|Rear Chamber Tweeter Design||Large Rear Chamber Design for Lower Crossover Frequency|
|Basket Design||Full Depth Basket For Rich Bass Response|
|Wave Guides||Wave Guides For Dispersion Control|
|Built-in Passive Crossover||-6dB/Oct. LPF, -12dB/Oct. HPF|