- Great sounding speaker upgrade at a competitive price.
- Perfect for OEM upgrade, with many sizes to choose from to suit almost any vehicle.
- New cosmetics that look good in your car, and fit easily in stock speaker locations.
- Improve the output and sound quality of your vehicle with these highly efficient speaker choices.
- High efficiency design runs easily off of factory or built-in head unit power.
Anatomy of the New Type-S Coaxial
1. 1” Wide Range Silk Dome
- Soft silk dome diaphragm with rigid aluminum provides high resolution and wide-band response.
- Optimized magnet circuit drives CCA wire and soft silk diaphragm with high efficiency.
- 6x9 version Type-S as soft dome & horn loaded hard dome.
2. Swivel Tweeter
- More than 10 degree swivel for sound tuning
3. High Grade Network Components
- Less restriction results in dynamic, open sound character.
4. High Excursion Suspension (Surround)
- Butyl rubber surround for natural response and stability.
5. High Excursion Suspension (Spider)
- Progressive Aramid fiber spider with optimized shape for deep bass, linearity and break-up mode control at high dive levels.
- Anatomy of the New Type-S Coaxial (Cont.)
6. FEA Optimized Motor Structure
- Yoke shaped reduces magnetic leakage.
- High-grade strontium magnet.
- Maximize linearity and motor strength.
7. High Power Handling
- Large diameter voice coil (30mm diameter).
- >250 watts peak power.
8. Stable Voice Coil Structure
- Rigid & strong VC structure contributes to clear sound with high efficiency.
- Tightly packed square wire structure puts more turns in the gap and adds strength.
- Aramid reinforced TIL bobbin holds wire very rigid.
- Square VC wire + strong magnet = High efficiency with low distortion.
9.Tuned Poly/Mica Cone
- New cone structure with strong mica results in faster energy transfer & clarity.
Assorted Sizes, Versatile Upgrade
With six models in the Type-S line-up, you'll find a speaker size to fit your car's needs - and an ideal replacement for factory speakers. A shallow mounting design allows for easy installation in a wide range of door panels giving you a perfect fit. Their high-efficiency design can run off of the built-in amplifier power from the factory or Alpine head unit, resulting in an easy system improvement for any vehicle.
Packing a Punch
Turn up the volume. These speakers deliver amazing lows, mids, and highs. Become a believer once you hear the difference between stock and Alpine sound quality. Upgrade your system and hear what you've been missing.
Silk Dome Swivel Tweeters
The Type-S speakers also use an HD polymer frame for improved sound and installation, while a high-performance soft dome tweeter provides smooth, detailed sound. The tweeters can swivel up to 10 degrees so you can adjust for the optimum listening position.
Not only do the Type-S speakers sound great, they look great too. These speakers will look good behind factory grilles or can be used with the new hybrid mesh grilles (sold separately) for a customized look.
|CEA-2031 Power Rating:||85 Watts|
|Power Handling Capacity (RMS):||85 Watts|
|Power Handling Capacity (Peak):||260 Watts|
|Woofer Mounting Diameter (mm):||150 x 222mm|
|Woofer Mounting Diameter (in):||5-15/16'' x 8-3/4''|
|Woofer Mounting Depth (mm):||75.2mm|
|Woofer Mounting Depth (in):||3''|
|Frequency Response:||65Hz - 23kHz|
|Tweeter Type:||1'' Wide Range Silk Dome Tweeter|
|Magnet Material:||Neodymium Magnet|
|Cone Material:||Tuned Poly-Mica Cone|
|Voice Coil Type:||Large Size Voice Coil|
|Voice Coil Wire:||Copper Square Wire|
|Magnet:||High Grade Strontium Magnet|
|Mounting:||Shallow Mounting Design|
|Frame:||HD Polymer Frame|
|High Grade Network Components:||High Grade Network Components|